Welcome

We always thought we would have kids. We started trying when we believed we were ready. A month went by, then two months, six months, a year. Nothing happened.

Something was wrong, but nobody could tell us what - and they still can't to this day. We tried IVF three times but our results were not good. We were devastated.

Eighteen months after our last IVF cycle, we knew we would not be having our own children. And, somehow, we have moved to a life that is much different to the one we thought we'd have.

This blog is about what we do now we know we won't be having children - the thoughts, dreams, realities, sorrows, and joys that have become our new life path.

I hope you will enjoy what I will be sharing, and I hope that if you are at the point where life without children is a reality for you, that you might find some hope and inspiration here.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Felix...

This past week has been very traumatic and difficult. Our beautiful 14 year old cat Felix became very ill and he was suffering.

On Friday he passed away by euthanasia with Kirby and me by his side.

We're still in shock.

I'll write more about him in the next couple of entries.

Today is Mother's Day...I miss our boy.

6 comments:

dublinerinDeutschland said...

Aw, I'm sorry. Poor Felix.

Anonymous said...

Aw I'm so sorry to read that about Felix ♡ I know what that's like, having to make that decision and then staying with them until the end. Just wanted to send you a virtual hug xx

K said...

I am so sorry x

Kate Bettison said...

Thanks everyone xx

Mali said...

Oh Kate, I'm so very sorry. Our cats were such a comfort to me during my darkest days. They've both gone now, and I know what a hole they can leave in our lives.

Kate Bettison said...

Thanks Mali - he was such a beautiful boy xx